Friday, August 19, 2005

Weekend Message From Mom!

I (Brian) just got off the phone with Mom, who called specifically to dictate the following message for you:

"Happy Birthday to me! Once in a great while, I feel like I really earned another birthday. This has certainly been one of those years. Wow, 66! And I'm in a rehab hospital, grateful to have enough of me left to rehab.

Sixty years ago, I was in a hospital for my sixth birthday--actually, a tuburculosis sanitarium, to be exact. My year of bedrest had paid off and I was almost ready to go home. But that's another book, and what goes around comes around...even if it's every 50, 60 or 66 years.

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes!

Love, Mom"

4 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Sixty six? My your young still! Happy Birthday beautiful! Miss your lovely smile. I hope this day finds you fair as fair can be. The little princess has grown up into the fairest of them all! I want to hear of more writing Mom.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Excellent news!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger ronnie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
MOM!


Two thoughts come to mind:

"One is not born a woman. One becomes one." - Simone de Beauvoir

"And in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make."

- Lennon/McCartney

Happy birthday to a woman who's earned the title - and who has generated, and is reaping, a lot of love.

warm hugs,
ronnie

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes!
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes!
Hippo Birdie, Dear Mutti!
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home