Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tuesday's Latest

Another note from Brian:

I've returned home from Southern California but Nurse Sis and I are keeping in touch several times a day. Mom's having a tough time in the hospital and is becoming something of a medical mystery. Tests aren't turning up much, but we are getting what I interpret as basically good news: Mom's heart, lungs, kidneys, brain and bones are essentially sound. No signs of cancer. In engineering terms, her infrastructure is in pretty good shape. So why isn't she turning handsprings down the hall?

Mom made it very clear to me that she wants her privacy and, most important, her dignity. With that in mind, with all gratitude and appreciation for anyone reading this and thinking of her, I'm not going to post every detail of her travails. She's exhausted and her body chemistry is out of whack, partly due to the medications she's been taking. She's pretty sick and anything could happen... but her doctors seem to see a clear path to resolving her problems and, I hope, turning things around for her quickly.

Realistic optimism.

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Thanks for the update, Brian. I respect your Mom's right to her medical privacy. Let her know again, that people out here care. I think those medical whiz men and women will figure it out. Meanwhile, I'll keep on sending her my good thoughts and wishes.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Lorna said...

Thanks for continuing the updates, Brian. Let Mom know we're all rooting for her and sending good wishes from all over the place.

and (belated) congratulations to all of you on the eisner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home