Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Big Thoughts - Little Steps

Boy, do I have it all thought out - in bed - in the early morning. The last few days have been extra special. I do a little stretching, neck cracking, shingles and brain - shrinking medicines and find - NO PAIN for the first time in two years. Radiation, especially on my neck and shoulders, has caused me continuous grief ( like that bad tooth ache you try to forget about). And then there was the usual grocery list of regular complaints which I tried to keep to myself. Admittedly, I have no feeling in my right foot , so guess that doesn't count!!

But, my gosh, it is so sweet to stretch out in bed and just breathe. THEN - I get the day all planned - I'll clean out my closet, finish my book, pay bills, cook a nice dinner, call ten friends, knit six scarves .....

Those waking moments and checking in to see what is "right" with my body are giving me the courage to go on with the rest of my day - which is much less pain-free - for NOW!

By the way, Funnigirl, thanks for helping out Annonymous with the Sites ( and I'd take that cup of coffee just any old day). Also, Ronnie, thank you sooo much for your continual support. If I could ever stop Kid Sis long enough I might be able to learn how to respond to all of you under comments. It seems my Site (or the operator) is reluctant to Post. I know you are there and it means a lot.

Okay, time for exercise. Out of the wheelchair, into the walker - ready for those little steps.

5 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

I'd love to have coffed with you. If Michigan gets closer to LA, we could swing it.

Meantime, I'm so pleased when I hear you count the good things.

Read my blog about getting a Reiki treatment, and about my trip to Connecticut. I'm getting crazier by the day. :)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I was trained (a bit) in Reiki...a friend of mine was Reiki II and she showed me how to do it. After the LA Works maybe I can try it on you? At a minimum it is relaxing.

Oh, and by the way, to reply to comments, hit your comment link (like you do to read them), then look to the right, you will see and empty spot below "Leave your comment," you can type there then hit the Blue button below, "Log in and Publish." And there you go girl!

Best,
Christina

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger ronnie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger ronnie said...

Funnigirl, being in Michigan, you're practically next-door to me (New Brunswick, Canada), at least compared to Cali-forn-I-a, so maybe we should organize an East-ish tour to visit Mom and Kid Sis :) Charter a bus, equip it with a blender for margaritas, and "California, here we come!"

Mom, don't you feel a bit that you need to worry about responding to comments. I "know you're there" too, just like you know I am. And that's enough. Thank God that we're alive in the age of the internet, when people like you and I, who would never have "met", get the chance to be "pen pals" thanks to luck and technology.

We all want to be a support to you and never an obligation. Your weblog posts are a great gift to us and more than enough. Indeed, you will probably never know how much you give us all through them.

Maybe that's a good thing. We wouldn't want you to develop a showbiz-California-sized ego, now ;)

ronnie

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Sunflower said...

This is my first time visiting your site. I hope your doing better and continue to hold one strong. You are lucky to have such great children who love you and to be honest, i felt the love ONLINE! Good luck.... there are lots of people rooting for you! Here is a virtual sunflower on my behalf - because I am sunflower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home