Monday, May 30, 2005

Next...

Sure glad I didn't know what was coming my way a year ago - or worse two years ago. I probably would have just said, "Thanks, but no thanks." This is getting worse than a shaggy dog story that goes on and on. My saving grace may well be that I keep looking for the silver lining and sometimes even seeing evidence that it is there. Yes, thank you Lynne - you have been a huge part of this process. And I did hear Bernie in person years ago - I remember him well. You only have to meet a "Bernie" once!

My Internest tells me that the "latest" saga from the test results is that I have "drug-indused" Diabetes and something..something..about Thyroid off (I'll tackle that later this week). One new drug at a time, please. So, high sugar can cause fatique, weekness, lots of things I've been whinning about. I really am glad to hear that once again help is on the way. It's just pitty-pot time again, I guess.

Wish I could get over one thing before the next one hits. It would be great to be up and out of the wheelchair, standing on my own. How does that go? It isn't the thousand mile walk - it's the grain of sand in my shoe.

3 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Sheesh, I know what you mean...ONE thing at a time, please!! Just because you've shown your ability to overcome difficult things..... it must seem ridiculous to be given MORE!

Makes you truly wonder which is worse, the illness or the medications invented to fight it.

Yep, you only have to meet Bernie once to be convinced. He's quite a guy. He really did say for me to give you a hug, you know. I got it from him for real, and I bawled like a baby on his shoulder. I was embarassed, but he took it in stride.

Keep on keepin' on, Mom
Lynne

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger ronnie said...

Hang in there, Mom.

I read somewhere that "time is God's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once". Whatever your thoughts on "God" are, it makes sense.

Even when things seem to be coming TOO quickly, they're still usually coming one at a time. You've got a solid support system. Keep leanin' on 'em, they need you too.

And we're all rootin' for you, too.

Too Much Time Online Moment: when I read the word "Internest" in your post, I read it as "Inter-nest", like you "nest" on the internet. I thought, "wow, that's a really cool word!"

Then I realized what you meant.

I think I need to spend some time in the garden. The REAL garden :)

ronnie

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a pc repair services site. It pretty much covers ##PC Repair## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home