Thursday, May 05, 2005

Catching Up

Boy, now that's what I'd call sleep. I've been awake the last four days long enough to eat, hit the bathroom and turn over. What I haven't been talking about are all the nights I could only sleep an hour or two - and then be awake for hours, restless, hyped up, mind racing, driving myself crazy with stupid thought of cleaning out my closet, hanging drapes, writing scores of music. Some nights I'd see entire symphonies going across pages - too bad I had no ability - in my semi-dream state - or in reality to write any of this down.

I know that my immune system needs a minimum of hours to repair itself - and I know I've been way under that goal. Perhaps this is the beginning of a new kind of healing. Being in bed this long is worrysome. We don't want me to lose any more muscle mass, but on the other hand the swelling is going down in my right foot.

You know I'm trying for balance and making this up as I go along. I will call the internist tomorrow and check in. In the meantime - feels like a nap coming my way. Night-night.

5 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger G! said...

hi mom

glad you're getting your rest. happy mom's day!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Eva Whitley said...

As a belated Mom's day present, I want to tell you that I subscribe to Publisher's Weekly (rather, my late husband did, and I haven't the heart to unsubscribe). If you give me an address to mail it to, I can send either the whole current issue or just page 15. (It's the best page 15 I've ever seen!)

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

I just discovered "Mom's Cancer", and a link from that site lead me here. I was curious to know what happened to "mom". I'm glad know that you are experiencing recovery. It's strange; I'm an artist and my mom died of lung cancer in June 2002. She spent her last Mother's Day in the hospital. I remember that day like it was yesterday. As an artist who had a mother with lung cancer, it's very emotional for me to see some of the comics from "Mom's Cancer". When I realized that you were recovering, I actually started to cry, and I'm not a man prone to showing such emotion. I thank God that you're experiencing recovery, and I pray that the pains of that experience become a faint memory over the years.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger jon said...

I was looking at your posts about cancer stomach and found a good article about the same cancer stomach info too...

God luck with it : )

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger thermoplastic resources said...

Looking for skin cancer picture information I came across this post. I totally agree with you and would feel the same way!

jon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home