Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Toe Hold

Still looking for a good strong toe hold here. The Physical Therapist and I have been working three days a week, trying to build up my muscles, and re- link my right foot to my fuzzy brain. At the most I could move my foot back and forth maybe 1/2", but it was progress. Two days ago I was told to reduce the Dexamethasone by 2 mg. I did - and my body went on strike.

We are still fighting. Wish I could be witty and hopeful, but after two years of singing "Tomorrow" I'm plum tuckered out. Today was okay. For now that will have to do. I'll try to keep you posted, if not, Kid Sis has done a nice job of keeping up with the family news. Check her out. Love and Light - Mom

4 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi "Mom" -- it's KidSis's friend Jennie. Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and sending you good vibes from way out here in Detroit... Wiggle, toes, wiggle!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger ronnie said...

Hi Mom!

It's ronnie - I'm just checking in to let you know I'm still here and still rooting for you. It's hard work, isn't it? Harder than anybody else knows. But I often think of something Mary Pickford said: "This thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down". You're nowhere near staying down :)

On a personal note, the cochlear implant is working! And I am "sort-of hearing" again. Thank you for your support, and for raising these most excellent kids, a couple of whom have been amazingly supportive and helpful to me. (I haven't 'met' "Nurse Sis" yet, but I know she is just as amazing.)

You've already affected many more people than you realize; and when "Mom's Cancer" is published, you are going to affect many more.

Isn't that exciting? :) :) :)

ronnie

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Charlie said...

Barbara,

Just wanted to check in briefly and say "Atta girl!" I can't even imagine how hard and indefatigably you are working on your therapy. I think that's just incredible. Keep up the good work!

I am finally starting to settle in to New York--cleaning lady back on regular schedule, remembering that dry cleaning and practically everything else can (should?) be delivered, going to black-tie parties, overpaying for everything, riding the subway--and I love it. Being farther away from you ladies is one of the few drawbacks.

Thinking of you often, and with love,

Charlie

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger diluted-dreams said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
No matter when you are, just stop by and check for my overnight cash advance
blog site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home