Tuesday, March 01, 2005

We Attack at Dawn

Thursday - that is. Tomorrow we do those thousand and one things left until the last minute: Pay bills due while I'm gone; pray; decide what clothes go under a knee brace and over a foot/calf brace; pray; kiss Hero good-bye for the thousandth time; did I say pray yet?; breathe, I keep forgetting to breathe!

Thursday dawn will find Nurse Sis and me racing up the #5 for about 550 miles - humm- that sounds rather profound! Racing for the dreaded/blessed MRI which will begin to tell the story of my increasingly numb body. It is the first of what may be a lot of other tests , or it may be the one which tells the whole story - another brain tumor. One wonders what to pray for. They tell me I could have one more cyber-knife surgery in my life and possibly one more full brain radiation - that's it.

If this is "just"fall-out (calcification) from past treatments and the meds don't help, I could be in deep ca-ca, with more and more of my left side shutting down. I'm praying for those steroids to kick in. In fact, the Dr. put me on them about 16 hours ago but I still haven't felt like painting a ceiling or cleaning out all the food in the refrig - two of my usual responses.

One of my granddaughters is also under going some tests, blood work, MRI,etc. so please, please send her good thoughts and prayers. All of your support has been so generous and kind - our entire family is grateful. You are indeed our "quiet angels"...

Love and Light, Mom

5 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Marisa said...

Good luck with everything. I've enjoyed reading about all your lives and struggles. Maybe enjoyed isn't the best word, but... keep fighting the good fight.

Someone once said something like "We all have to die, but there is no shame in making death work for it."

I admire your strength.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger ronnie said...

Mom, ronnie here - as I read your words I felt I was right beside you - or maybe I just wished I was. I don't think I can adequately express how much I feel for you, and wish I could do something to help... but like you, I know the power of good energy, good thoughts, prayers, if you will. I am very much thinking of you and following what's happening and for everyone who posts there are a dozen "lurkers" doing the same. You are an uncommonly strong woman with a remarkable family - don't be afraid to lean on them. I will continue to follow and send a heartful of good thoughts to you.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger arfenarf said...

Hang in there, Mom.

There is an entire contingent out here in Western Canada hoping for the very best for you.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Chris Clarke said...

Hey, best of luck. Fingers crossed here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

- Chris, a fan of Brian (and his mom)

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Sherwood Harrington said...

I am one of ronnie's dozen lurkers, and one of Brian's many fans, and that makes me one of your fans, too. I am praying for you, and I don't do that very much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home