Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Moving On

I'm finally just sitting on the "Pity Pot" when necessary - it is no longer my number one residence. I think the fear of not knowing when/where/how the numbness would stop and the body function lose would end was just overwhelming me. The meds seem to be holding the losses in check, so now all I have to do is learn to cope with, once again, a body foreign to me.

I also have stopped falling out of my walker and off my commode, which was getting very embarrassing as well as painful!! Obviously the balance issue is getting better - I'm not a complete klutz, honest.....

Eva, I need one of my kids to teach me how the do "Comments". I tried to thank you for the great cleaning idea - hit the wrong button - it showed up twice on my machine, but not where it counted...............s0, to you and others I don't answer - I appreciate the help and great ideas. (okay, maybe I should check into klutz a little further!)

Son is working on ramp spec, ideas and planning to come down to install. Can you beat that? I really don't miss getting out of the house yet and suppose I could figure out something if Cabin Fever hits. Til then, I'm meeting with the Physical Therapist, am trying to put income tax stuff together, knit scarves and visualize a marvelous, fully function body.

The girls are still setting up appointments for aides, Occ. Therapist, some kind of transportation to doctors appointments, getting the front yard cleared of grass and shrubs so the ramp can fit - and on - and on.

My, I'm a lot of work.

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger ronnie said...

Yeah, Mom, you probably are a lot of work.

Just like me, and just like anyone who has been ill and been loved and worried over by family and friends.

And you will probably never know how much they love doing the work, or how good it feels to be able to help.

They love you, Mom. They are so happy to be able to show it, even under difficult circumstances. In many ways, you are giving them much more than they are giving you.

Hang in there, girl! There are a lot of people rooting for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home