Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Command Center

Hi All, We sit, we visit, we eat - a lot - look out belly here come the steroids. Last time I was on them I gained 40 lbs. This time I'll try to keep to low-carb goodies.

NEWS Flash!!!!!Nurse Sis just got THE call--honest--we just now hung up..........They did a PET SCAN yesterday at major hospital. Told us we would know more in 24-36 Hours - go to temp. home and wait. If the picture lights up like a Christmas tree, it was new tumor growth which they would immediately Cyber-knife.

IT DID NOT GLOW!!!!!! Okay, that is a big one out of our way. What is still causing the symptoms in leg, etc. is more of an unknown. They want to keep close track of everything with follow-ups in six weeks. So, I do not have brain cancer. This according to the Drs. is the best possible results.

No more has gone numb,so if the meds can hold their own, I've got a toehold here. Tomorrow I see my great friend, Tony, who is wonderful at helping me visualize. Together I'm sure we can come up with a Command Center of operations to start shrinking that swelling.

Tomorrow we drive south - to Hero and Kid Sis. Thank you all for the holding up--as I said to one friend--I must be getting heavy--she said "no" spirits don't weigh that much.

Love and Light

Mom

10 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger arfenarf said...

*pfhew*!

So glad it's not the tumour! Hero will be so glad to see you!

Keep getting better.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Lorna said...

=) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So delirious it's not tumors! What great news! Hang in there, Babe, that leg will begin jumping again! Prayers and many hugs. Jan

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Eva Whitley said...

Whew! This is great news! Now to find out what's causing it...

My sympathy on the steriods. I've got a few predidsone pounds myself.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger G! said...

thank god! :)

funny funny hero. me think he is a cat masquerading as a dog =D

onwards to full recovery!

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that there was no tumor; have been on pins and needles since I spoke with you last Saturday. Hope the swelling goes down and that your mobility is restored. Thoughts, prayer and love are with you. Tess
What's wrong with your granddaughter?

 
At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Charlie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hadn't know until I checked out your and (kid sis's) blogs that you were on the pins and needles you were. Obviously, I am so relieved it is not a tumor, although I'm sorry to hear about the partial paralysis. I continue to send good thoughts and prayers your way. Love, Charlie

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home