Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Muse, Con't.

More about Calliope - Kid Sis read your note under Comments, T.T., from Grand Rapids. Thank you for taking the time to write. Sorry to say "Mom" got about half the story straight - leaving Calliope (aka - Pissy) with some bad press.

Recently Kid Sis did have her seen by several vets. The first one was for a possible new out break of nose cancer. She had had successful surgery on that a couple of years ago. This time it turned out to be more of a case of sticking her nose into someone else's business - or dog dish - or... it was just a little nasty looking scab.

Her next stop was at a Feline Renal Spec.(!!!!) - I never knew these existed, but L.A. folks do love their animals (probably a lot of other places, too - Mom just hasn't been paying attention). So, Pissy does have special food and could be having some kind of daily IV treatment but Kid Sis and Nurse Sis decided to just try and keep her as comfortable as possible. I think I had a brain-fart around this whole episode. So, until I was the one trying to get across my bathroom, etc. I didn't keep very close track of that part of our animal Kingdom.


Now, T.T., comes our part - - Pissy DOES care - she just can't seem to hit the broadside of a barn according to her Mom. She does go into the liter box, squats down as best she can - which is only a little - and stands back up - wondering where it all went!!! That's where I enter and FIND it. Last night she was back in the bedroom with Kid Sis, complete with re-circulating water, fresh food - both dry and wet, fresh liter and a warm, cozy bed.

Between 5:00 and 8:00 a.m. the noise got so loud Nurse Sis threw open the door to see what was going on. There was Pissy SITTING ON TOP OF KID SIS' HEAD, meowing away. K.S. was asleep with ear plugs in. She said on the program Super Nanny the parents are taught to ignore bad behavior...Think someone will soon be spending time in the Naughty Corner. Any guesses who????

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Terry Allan Bennett said...

Hi "Mom",

Not a comment regarding the cat thing at all but a comment about eerything you have gone through. I had a couple of nice e-mail exchanges with your son regarding the comic strip and how much I enjoyed it. I laughed so hard and cried so hard I didn't think I could make it through to the end but to see how everything came out was well worth the trek. I went through non-Hodgkins lymphonma twice so so many of your comments and situations brought back so many feelings, good and bad. I'll try to pop by the "blog" every so often to keep up with your happenings. Keep being honest and open. It is so wonderful. Cheers.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Shazam! said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Doc Shazam said...

Hi Mom!

I just wanted to say that I was very moved and inspired by "mom's cancer" comic strip, and thrilled to see you've started your own blog. Your story is so motivational, and I hope it helps me take care of my patients in a slightly more compassionate way.

I'm sending some people to your blog from my blog.

Doc Shazam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home