Saturday, February 26, 2005

If A Tree Falls...

How does that old question go, again? If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it still make noise? or something...something. I can't remember.

If all the feeling goes out of my toes, most of my foot and leg - and I don't acknowledge it - does it still happen?

I am so scared, I can barely stand to write the word "paralyzed". But, that is surely what has happened on my lower right side. I want nothing more than to be able to squeeze my toes together and /or flex my foot. I try and absolutely nothing happens. I sat up in bed last night, rocking my cold, numb leg like it was a sick child.

I'm getting really bone tired, and I just don't know how many more windmills I can fight. Nurse Sis has been e-mailing my Neurosurgeon up in the Bay Area. He has a couple of thoughts as to what might be going on. It could be a radiation reaction, or it could be another brain tumor. It might be able to be treated with steroids..........or???????? In the meantime my writing is getting worse and my typing slower with more mistakes than you could imagine.

I had a mid-March three month follow-up appointment to see him. That is now going to happen next Friday after getting an MRI on Thurs. On the following Monday I can see the Radiation expert (I forget her title) if necessary. Right now all that sounds like months - not days - away.

I will keep you posted, or ask Kid Sis to do it for me.

16 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Blogger G! said...

hang in there mom. you are strong and brave. believe you can go through anything. :)

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Jan Reid said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Azalea said...

Hang in there!! I am one of your many fans!!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Lorna said...

sending good thoughts to you from santa monica, CA...

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you dare give up! You are an incredible fighter and there are a ton of people praying for you. This is a big speed bump but you can overcome this. I know how scared you are but I also know how brave and strong-minded you are. You've shown all of us your badge of courage - so wear it proud, Dear Friend. You are always in my heart. Have the girls contact me if and when you hit town.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Sandee said...

Your mom is a true survivor... my only wish is to kick cancer too!

~Sandee
http://www.day-without-rain.org

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger FriendlyGuy1212 said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Cold Sore site/blog. It pretty much covers Cold Sore related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger sexedman said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about weight loss help. It pretty much covers weight loss help and other similar topics available.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger jon said...

university of california davis medical school surfing tonight I saw your blog. I liked it and wondered how you did that? Anyway, its a cool university of california davis medical school site...

Jon

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Bud Wiser said...

Bravo, great page related to walking for weight loss, hope you get a chance to visit mine about walking for weight loss

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, I added you to my favorites.
If you are interested in home based business book
, I have a home based business book
site.
Feel free to drop by and tell me what you think.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Roy Naka said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of cemetery pet for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on cemetery pet. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about alliance health insurance plan
. It pretty much covers alliance health insurance plan
related stuff.

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Dog Coats** site/. It pretty much covers the sale of custom made dog coats.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a add coat dog link site. It pretty much covers ##Custom Dog Coats## related stuff.

Tired of those knit sweaters, the ones that stretch out and have legs that your dog hates? Us too! So we came up with a coat that fits comfortably and works well! You and your dog will love these coats! We know, because we have been dog breeders for 23 years and know what dogs like.

All "Designer DoggieWear!" coats are handmade by ourselves in the United States. This assures the finest of quality and workmanship.



Come and check it out if you get time.

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a crochet dog coat pattern site. It pretty much covers ##Coats for Dogs## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home